Green Action USA and the Green Shadow Cabinet seek dedicated, personable, experienced, and skilled social change agents to manage Green Action, Inc.; d/b/a Green Action USA, a new 501(c)4 organization promoting practices that lead to a more ecological, just, peaceful, and democratic society and to carry forward the Green Shadow Cabinet, a project of Green Action USA.
- 5 or more years experience in social change work;
- administrative/management experience;
- ability to coordinate multiple tasks and ensure timely performance;
- superior writing and editing skills;
- commitment to green values and social change;
- ability to use a web text editor and a rudimentary understanding of html a plus;
- experience with drupal and civicrm a plus;
- ability to edit Spanish a plus;
- a steady hand and a sense of humor.
Note that work location is flexible, though residence in the Madison, Wisconsin or Boston, Massachusetts areas is preferred.
- Daily or near-daily updating of GreenShadowCabinet.US content;
- Coordination of conference calls by Cabinet members and others as needed;
- Day to day administration of non-profit organization, including supervision of staff;
- Long-term strategic development of Green Action USA;
- Overseeing online fundraising, direct mail, and major donor fundraising programs;
- Responding to inquiries.
Note that depending on the pool of applicants, we may decide to divide these responsibities into two positions, one full time and one half time.
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience;
- Assistance with health insurance costs;
- Bonuses and raises as appropriate.
DEADLINE for applications is ongoing and each application will be reviewed on reception. A hire decision will be made by August 15th, 2013.
TO APPLY send a one page letter of interest, resume/CV, as well as at least three references with contact information, to: Info-at-GreenShadowCabinet.US.