Guidelines and Submission Information
The Tufts Environmental Studies Program supports an annual Environmental Photo Contest. The contest is open to all Tufts undergraduate students and will include prizes for 1st place ($150), 2nd place ($100), and 3rd place ($50).
Each student can take and submit up to 5 photos as part of the contest, but is only eligible to win one of the prizes listed above.
All styles of photography are welcome (black & white or color).
To be considered for one of the prizes, submissions must include:
- All submissions must include:
- a high-quality 8×10″ print, and
- a digital file (min. 300 dpi jpg or tif format)
- A printed document including a brief description of the image; and the names of any individuals, places, etc. included in the photo(s).
- The Environmental Photo Contest Application >
- The Photo Subject Release Form >PLEASE NOTE: Photo(s) submitted for the Environmental Photo Contest must include a completed photo release form for EVERY INDIVIDUAL in a given photo. Photos that do not meet this requirement will not be considered for any of the three awards.
- The Parent/Guardian Photo Release Form, (if applicable)**(Photos taken of children under the age of 18 who are part of an individual’s research or fieldwork, will not be considered unless photo release forms are signed by the parent or legal guardian of EVERY CHILD who appears in a given photo or photos. To receive the parent/guardian photo release form, contact Ann Greaney-Williams at environmentalstudies (@tufts.edu) or call 617.627.3553).
Submitted prints will be exhibited on the Tufts Medford Campus and may be used by the Environmental Studies and TIE in their print publications, websites, or for other Tufts-related purposes. A digital exhibition will also be created on the ENVS website for those who are unable to visit Tufts in person.
Photo submissions, and other required documentation, are due by Friday, October 18, 2013 to:
The Environmental Studies Program
210 Packard Avenue
Miller Hall-East Rear Door
All submitted photos must have been taken by the individual student submitting them.
Photo contest winners will be chosen by faculty and staff of the Environmental Studies Executive Committee; Tufts Institute of the Environment; and other specialized Tufts faculty usually within one month of submission (an exact date will be announced closer to October 18th).
Questions can be sent to Ann Greaney-Williams at environmentalstudies (@tufts.edu) or by calling 617.627.3553. For more information, click here.