The Massachusetts Energy Consumers Alliance (www.massenergy.org ) is a nonprofit organization that has been working for over 30 years to make energy more affordable and sustainable. Our programs include energy efficiency, discount heating oil, and green power. Mass Energy is looking to hire a paid intern for approximately 12 weeks at 24+ hours per week. This person’s primary role will be to connect consumers with the appropriate programs to save energy, save money, and reduce their carbon footprints. A large part of this intern’s responsibilities will be spent promoting Renew Boston (www.renewboston.org ).
We believe this is a terrific opportunity to learn from a skilled and experienced staff on a socially and environmentally beneficial program.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Direct outreach, such as hosting events, giving presentations, maintaining social media, etc.
- Engaging community organizations and other partners
- Representing Mass Energy in collaborative outreach efforts
- Providing customer service to consumers interested in making their homes more energy efficient
- Basic knowledge of energy efficiency
- Experience in community outreach or organizing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required, and experience with other databases is favorable
- Ability to work on nights and weekends
Bilingual candidates and individuals of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Residency in the City of Boston and/or knowledge of Boston neighborhoods is strongly preferred.
Send cover letter and resume by August 31, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “EE Program Intern.” No phone calls please.