At Toxics Action Center, we start from the core belief that everyone has a right to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and live in a healthy community where government operates responsively and democratically. Our mission is to make these rights a reality by organizing side by side with residents who are facing toxic threats. We train residents in the skills and know-how they need to run effective local campaigns, while also developing long-term leaders to fuel New England’s progressive movements.
Over the last 26 years, Toxics Action Center has organized side by side with residents in more than 700 communities as the 911 of the environmental movement, winning countless victories to protect public health and the environment and sparking broader state and regional policy changes.
Toxics Action Center seeks an intern that will play a key role in support of our program work. Organizational interns work closely with the administrator, event planner and development director. They will take part in the foundations of Toxics Action Center’s work, helping with fundraising efforts, planning our annual activist conference, and administrative duties.
- Manage Toxics Action Center’s social media, including Facebook, flickr and twitter.
- Create action alerts for members to weigh-in with decision makers on important issues.
- Play a key role in putting together events such as house party fundraisers and activist conferences.
- Maintain and organize records of donors, member lists, news articles, trainings and more.
- Recruit supporters out to events, including movie screenings, rallies, press conferences, and public hearings.
- Assist with general administrative tasks
- Commitment to environmental issues and social change
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Desire to develop event planning and outreach skills
- Social media aptitude
- Must learn quickly and work efficiently
Our internships operate on a rolling start and end date and have flexible hours. Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Megan Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toxics Action Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the base of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.