Tufts Gets Green

Office of Sustainability's Blog

The Office of Sustainability is looking for a Communications Intern

*UPDATE: This position has been filled*

Come work with us! The Tufts Office of Sustainability is currently seeking a new communications intern, to begin in spring 2014. Tufts students eligible to apply. Find the job posting and apply through the Tufts job portal, JobX.

Communications Intern
Job ID 3785
Job Type On-Campus Jobs
Employer Office of Sustainbility
Job Category Editorial
Job Description The role of the Communications Intern is primarily to assist the Office of Sustainability Marketing team in implementing its marketing and outreach initiatives. Among the responsibilities of the intern are: – Produce content for the various communications channels (online and traditional) – Update the website, blog, Facebook, newsletter and Twitter feed – Assist in organizing events – Create and update materials such as brochures, newsletters, posters, flyers, signs, etc. – Design layouts for both print and online communications – Take and edit photographs as needed
Job Requirements Students with Work Study preferred. The Communications Intern should ideally possess the following characteristics: – Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to work independently and/or within a team – Basic writing, editing and interviewing skills – Graphic design proficiency in Adobe Design Creative Suite, especially Adobe InDesign and Illustrator – Creativity and an eye for good design – Familiarity with online tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and Thinwire (content management tool for websites) preferred, but not required – Basic HTML & CSS skills proficiency preferred, but not required Candidates who provide a portfolio of work/design samples will be given priority.
Available Openings 1
Hours 8.0 to 10.0 hours per week
Compensation $10.00/hour
Funding Source(s) On-Campus Non-Work-Study, On-Campus Work-Study
Time Frame Academic Year
Start Date Spring 2014
End Date

1 Comment

1. Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am writing to express my interest in applying for a position as an Environmental consultant and/or Foreign Languages Communicator. As a trilingual speaker and as an Environmental consultant I will have the unique opportunity to contribute in enhancing Company practices, image and policies in connection to the current social environmental challenges as part of The Office of Sustainability.

I believe that my experience in living in five different countries, including Finland, South Korea, Canada, Spain and Mexico, and speaking fluent Spanish, English and French, will make me an invaluable asset to the Office of Sustainability. Living abroad has provided me with an enriching experience as it enabled me to learn about the different cultures by having the opportunity to study their customs and habits. In today’s multicultural environment, it is of utmost importance that an individual has exposure to many cultures to facilitate social interaction. At the end of the day, social interaction is the foundation of society, and the more educated one is in dealing with other cultures, the easier it will be to overcome challenges and achieve your long-term goals.

As testament to my insatiable dedication to environmental awareness, at the age of 13, I co-founded a project to save marine turtles from extinction in Mexico. Several years later, this initiative became an active and locally recognized Environmental NGO- Fundación Jucataco AC. The primary purpose of this organization is to positively spread environmental awareness in Mexico.

To conclude, I would like to reiterate the fact that I am an extremely determined individual with a strong work ethic willing to take on any challenge. I believe that at my young age I have made substantial accomplishments, and I am certain that I have a lot yet to contribute.

I cannot emphasize enough how privileged and honored I would be if given the opportunity to work with The Tufts’ Office of Sustainability. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yours faithfully,

David