Hello,

I am the director of the Office of Energy and Environment in Medford, and I am looking to advertise an opening for a paid internship position that I have available this fall. I am hoping to hire a Tufts student who is interested in issues surrounding energy and the environment to help me with various projects. These include project management of 5 small energy efficiency projects as well as preparing for our annual energy efficiency reporting to the State and Federal government on Medford’s buildings. The intern is needed for 10 hours a week during the Fall semester, but the availability to start in August is a plus. Distribution of the hours can fit your schedule, but must fit within City Hall’s open business hours (Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:30-4:30, Wed 8:30-7:30, Fri 8:30-12:30).

Tasks include oversight of grant paperwork and bills, visiting the work locations, data entry and general office help. Possibility to continue on other projects in the Spring semester. Compensation is $10 per hour. A good candidate is a self-starter who can work independently, use common sense and take initiative. The City of Medford is also a Federal Work-Study site and students eligible for work-study are encouraged to apply.

Thank you for your help,

Alicia Hunt

ahunt@medford.org