Zero Waste Week

interns with zero waste week bags

When we throw away our trash, it does not just go “away.” It goes into a landfill. You might have seen people carrying around clear ziplock bags full of trash on their backpacks this week. Instead of disposing of their waste immediately, where it is out of sight an out of mind, Zero Waste Week participants will collect their landfill-bound waste for one week to visualize how much we contribute to that landfill. How much trash do you think you produce in a week?

Guidelines:

• Place all non-recyclable, non-compostable waste into the plastic bag.
  • Compostable and recyclable items should be properly sorted into their respective toters or bins.
  • We include disposable plastic water bottles in our bags, since 50 billion of them were bought in the US last year. Carry your reusable water bottle instead!
  • Do not include bio-hazards

Zero Waste Week stories from OOS interns:

Michaela: Zero Waste Week has compelled me to start composting my Kleenex because I didn’t want to see them go into my bag. So now I have a compost in my bathroom.

Ana Sophia: I have a Keurig coffee machine and so I feel bad about having so many K cups in my bag. I’m going to look into finding reusable cups where you just fill it up with coffee.

Isabel: Most of my waste would come from food, but I buy a lot of my food in bulk, so I don’t have a lot of packaging waste. I found out that some granola bars I eat are not foil-lined, so I cannot put them in the terracycle.

Maria: I have not started Zero Waste Week until today. Last year, the wind blew my bag off of my back pack on my way home. I was so worried that I had littered a whole bag of trash. But later that night, I retraced my steps and found it snagged in a bush. I was on my way to a concert, where I was pretty sure they wouldn’t let me in with my trash bag, so I stashed it in another bush, and picked it up on my way home to continue with my Zero Waste Week.

19 Comments

1. هادی احمدی

very nice هادی احمدی

2. وبسایت هادی احمدی

thank you

3. ایزوگام در تبریز

very nice thank you

4. تیرچه در تبریز

thank you very much

5. Jagadeesh Peruri

Climate change is real and the time to act is now. You can make a difference by being conscious of what you buy, and we provide you with better choices to make the process of revival easier. Revive is offering Eco Friendly Products in India. Revive’s eco friendly products are natural, sustainable, ethical sourced and come with plastic-free packaging. Choose natural, be sustainable, and be a part of the revival. Here are some of the top picks that will help you get started on your zero waste journey. Check out our Eco friendly and Zero waste Products in India.

6. شومینه هنر

thank you very much

7. شومینه هنر

thank you very much

8. Eghtesadafarin

Iran economic news at Eghtesadafarin Economic NEWS
    اخبار اقتصادی ایران در سامانه جامع تحلیل اخبار اقتصادی (اقتصاد آفرین)

9. oncasinosite

I have never seen this type of information before. Thanks for sharing this. Please also visit

10. johan william

Climate change is real and the time to act is now. You can make a difference by being conscious of what you buy, and we provide you with better choices to make the process of revival easier. Revive is offering Eco Friendly Products in India. Revive’s eco friendly products are natural, sustainable, ethical sourced and come with plastic-free packaging. Choose natural, be sustainable, and be a part of the revival. Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik

11. casinosite777.info

Well I truly enjoyed reading it. This subject offered by you is very helpful and accurate. We offer safe and trusted online site for gamer. click here: https://www.casinosite777.info

12. safecasinosite.net

Hi ! I specialize in writing on these topics. My blog also has these types of articles and forums. Please visit once. We recommended to you our safest Online games. go here: https://www.safecasinosite.net

13. baccaratsite.biz

Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. If anyone looking for safety playground for online gaming, Feel free to visit my site: https://www.baccaratsite.biz

14. situs gacor

Site raja slot88 rtp Yes, the best online bookies in Indonesia that give you EBA benefits with the highest RTPS lots, it will be easier for you to make money

15. situs gacor

16. situs gacor

Raja site slot server kamboja provides fish pond gambling games, with the highest winrate that will make it easier for you to make big wins playing fish pond games

17. ERP for manufacturing in Dubai, UAE

Hello there, it’s me. I regularly check this website, and I find that the visitors here are kind enough to discuss their thoughts with me.

18. jasa tukang huruf timbul neonbox

awesome dude….

19. zeusg1797

win big by playing online slots on our site, of course we offer the best quality slot gacor online games that you can win easily