Second Nature is seeking applicants for a Recruitment & Research Internship that may focus on the following tasks, based on the applicant’s area of interest:
- Support staff in researching prospective new signatories and partners
- Analyze data on ACUPCC signatory participation and impact using tools like excel
- Conduct market analysis of the higher education and sustainability sector
- Salesforce/CRM database management and data entry
- Other tasks as assigned
This position will be based in the Downtown Boston office of Second Nature with a flexible work schedule, with approximately a 10-20 hour a week commitment, with direct supervision from Second Nature staff. This is a paid internship, and can also be completed for credit. The internship is for a period of 3-6 months, depending on candidate availability. This internship would start in early September.
Second Nature is currently seeking exceptional candidates for three paid internship positions:
- Recruitment & Research Internship: focusing on tasks including partner and prospective signatories research, data analysis, market analysis, and CRM management.
- Operations Internship: focusing on tasks including support in membership dues outreach and processing, CRM database management and data entry, daily operations and coordination tasks, and more.
- Design and Communications Internship: focusing on tasks including design for documents and websites, website maintenance, newsletter, blog, webinar and social media support, and more.
Positions are starting in September, and require a working presence in Second Nature’s Downtown Boston offices and a time commitment varying from 10-20 hours a week (depending on candidate availability). Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Second Nature is a Boston-based non-profit organization working to create a sustainable society by transforming higher education through a variety of initiatives including the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC), a program which supports nearly 700 colleges and universities committed to carbon neutrality and climate action. Second Nature is seeking applicants for an internship that may focus on the following tasks:
- Support the research & development of a large-scale Carbon Credit and Purchasing Program (C2P2)
- Assist with communications and outreach between existing carbon market participants and with the broader ACUPCC network of potential participants
- Assist with Second Nature’s carbon registry account setup and management
- Provide technical support and assistance for new and existing C2P2 program participants
- Research and data analysis of program outcomes
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned and dependent on applicants skills and interest
Knowledge of sustainability issues, including an understanding of carbon offset markets, and sustainability financing are musts. Outstanding candidates will possess: data analysis skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, an advanced understanding of the ACUPCC including experience with greenhouse gas inventories and/or climate action planning, in-depth knowledge and passion for climate leadership issues relevant to higher education, and the ability to contribute to the growth of the organization and program through new skills, insights, and ideas.
Position Details: This position requires a 6 month, 10-20 hour week commitment with some working presence in the Second Nature office in downtown Boston during business hours (9am-5pm), beginning in July/August 2015 and ending January/February 2016. This is a competitively paid internship and can be also completed for credit.
Who Should Apply: Graduate students, highly motivated undergraduates, and recent graduates are invited to apply. Women and people of color applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Trick out your trash buddy & win prizes:
Because it is the responsibility of all employees to use and empty their own trash buddies, make your trash buddy your own! Decorate your trash buddy, photograph it, and tweet your photo to @GreenTufts using the hashtag #TrickedOutTrashBuddy, or email your photo to email@example.com with the subject line “Tricked Out Trash Buddy.”
As the program is rolled out across the University, sustainability-themed prizes will be awarded to the most creatively decorated trash buddies (with preference given to those that us recycled materials).
Tricked Out Trash Buddies from the Office of Institutional Research & Evaluation