The Tufts Office of Sustainability is seeking a student intern to assist with day-to-day office activities and projects, such as planning and gathering materials for events and creating documents and outreach materials. The program intern will also help support office programs such as the student Eco-Reps, employee Eco-Ambassadors, and the Green Office Certification program. The student will be expected to research and support sustainability initiatives that might be undertaken on any of Tufts’ three campuses (Boston, Medford, Grafton) and to help the Program Director, Education & Outreach Program Administrator, and Communications Specialist with any projects they are currently working on.
Hours & Timeframe:
This position is for the 2015-16 academic year and will start in September 2015. Interns typically work ~8 hours per week.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Reliable, with good time management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing abilities
- Interest in sustainability
- A can-do attitude
- Comfortable talking to and working with faculty and staff from across the university in person and via email or phone
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of sustainability efforts at Tufts
- Experience organizing events
- Undergraduate students preferred
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Please contact Betsy Byrum, Education & Outreach Program Administrator, with questions or for more information at email@example.com.
All applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume and apply through JobX.