Green Power Marketing & Communications Internship: Winter/Spring 2015
The Massachusetts Energy Consumers Alliance (Mass Energy) is a non-profit organization that has been working for 32 years to make energy more affordable and environmentally sustainable. We aim to help consumers and policymakers find cost-effective ways to reduce carbon emissions 80% by 2050.
Our green electricity program provides over 7000 members with energy from local renewable sources. Green Power Marketing & Communications Interns are instrumental to help grow membership. We’re looking for good communicators, interested in marketing, who feel passionately about clean energy.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Overseeing operations and administrative tasks in our green power program;
· Providing customer service to members for Mass Energy’s green power program;
· Planning and managing Mass Energy’s presence at local events;
· Working on a team to design new strategies to promote our green electricity programs;
· Maintaining a robust presence for the organization on social media platforms;
· Assisting in creating videos, whitepapers, or other materials for members and prospects.
- Familiarity with renewable energy and its positive impact, with a desire to learn more.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, in-person, on the phone, and in a team setting.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional demeanor.
- Experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Experience with basic video editing software is a plus, but not a requirement.
· A chance to use your skills for a tangible project in the renewable energy sector.
· Exposure to the nitty-gritty of the green power market.
· An opportunity to gain knowledge, experience, and relationships in the non-profit sector through a well-known and well-respected organization with roots in the community.
Other Details: The intern will be expected to commit to a full-time work schedule of 40 hours/week during the winter and spring. The internship will begin as soon as possible, and continue through mid to late June 2015. Intern will work from our office in Boston, and will be expected to travel for events and occasionally work at night and on weekends.
To Apply: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. You must have permanent residency in Massachusetts, or be attending a MA college or university. Your graduation year must be 2014, 2015, 2016, or 2017. Apply ASAP. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Green Power Intern.” Address why you are interested and what skills you bring. No phone calls.