Applicant will work with Arts Council director and Mystic Mural project director to coordinate and lead fieldtrips and explorations focused on the Mystic River and local environs. This contract work will provide experiential learning environment for teen-age youth participating in the Mural project. Applicant will lead trips and/or coordinator with other local environmental leaders to lead trips. Topics to address are: flora/fauna, environmental justice, invasive species, water quality, and historical commercial and industry uses of the river. For more information and images go to: http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/mysticmural
Scope of Service:
• Present experiential workshops to youth about the Mystic River and its environs.
• Collaborate with Mural Artist to implement the environmental component of Mystic Mural program.
• Collaborate with other agencies and specialists to enrich the youth muralists’ experience and knowledge; help lead fieldtrips.
• Adapt and implement an existing 10-topic questionnaire/evaluation to use as a pre/post assessment for the program.
• Complete a program review narrative.
Seeking applicant who has environmental education experience working with youth. This is NOT a position to support the design and painting of the mural, but rather to support environmental education component of the summer project. Contract ideal for teacher or others seeking a fun, enjoyable short contract for July.
Teaching/On-site: 5 hrs/day x 8 days x $20/hr = $800
Plan/prep/evaluation: 10 hrs x $20/hr = $200
Total Compensation: $1000
2017 program year will start Monday, July10th and continue for 3- 4 weeks.
Please send short email letter outlining experience and attached resume. Send to: Gregory Jenkins, email@example.com