Are you passionate about using communications to make a difference? Are you interested in planning and promoting cause-based events that matter? If so, The Williams Agency may be the place for you! The Williams Agency is an award winning, full-service marketing, public relations and event planning firm that specializes in branding, public relations, green and grassroots marketing, and promoting cause-based events. We focus especially on promoting local food, sustainability, cultural, and zero waste events. With a variety of nonprofit and for-profit clients, the Agency works with mission driven projects and issues we are passionate about. As a certified Sustainable Business Leader, The Williams Agency aims to increase sustainability initiatives and green marketing in all projects.
We are excited to announce that we are now recruiting for our Fall/Winter Internship Program. Interns will be working directly with staff members in all aspects of marketing communications and public relations and become involved in developing and executing PSA’s, Press Releases, connecting with media, taking an important role in managing our media databases, and developing new strategies to attract attention of target audiences for our campaigns. Additional tasks may include helping with event coordination, blogging coordination, media postings, social media strategy, advertising and more. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to make a difference while gaining hands on experience with a small, growing, faced paced company. Communications and/or strong writing skills are ideal for this position. Public relations skills and social media skills are also desirable. The position also requires person to own a laptop.
Projects may include:
- Annual Circle The City, Boston, MA. This is Boston’s premier open streets event promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Boston Jerkfest, Boston, MA. Boston Jerkfest is a Caribbean style foodie festival celebrating all things hot, and includes a Jerk cook-off, Chef Demos, and wine, beer and distillery tastings.
- Annual Cambridge Carnival International, Cambridge, MA. Cambridge’s largest festival, a colorful and festive celebration that is rooted in African and Caribbean traditions.
- SBN’s Local Craft Brewfest and Hyper-Local Craft Brewfest, Seaport District, Boston, MA. Showcases local breweries, wineries, cider, mead, distilleries, and artisan beverages produced in Massachusetts and New England.
- Annual Boston Local Food Festival, Boston, MA. Boston’s premier food event promoting the joys and benefits of eating local food.
- Boston Farmers Markets. Marketing Campaign, Boston, MA. This project includes marketing, public relations and branding for all 27 Boston farmers markets. This year’s season includes several campaigns, including a seafood campaign, themed “Celebrate the Fruits of Our Ocean.” with Chef Demos at selected markets.
- Buy Local Trade Show and Seminar, Boston, MA. This event designed for restaurants and institutional buyers interested in trading with local food suppliers and who desire to buy more locally produced products
Event Marketing Internship duties may include:
- Work closely with Agency marketing and production teams on all aspects of marketing, communications, public relations, and event planning.
- Implement public relations campaigns, including researching and updating media lists, email and faxing press release, PSA’s, and event listings, and conducting follow-ups.
- Develop and manage Constant Contact and similar e-newsletter campaigns for events
- Attend meetings with senior staff, board members, and volunteers
- Work collaboratively with marketing team and to implement marketing campaigns and strategies
- Maintain and update client, sponsorship databases
- Blogger and volunteer coordination for grassroots marketing campaigns
- Enhance and maintain client event websites
- Design and manage social network tools for enhancing website and incorporating into marketing campaigns.
- Explore web marketing and email marketing opportunities and techniques for driving traffic to client websites
- Liaison with printers and other designers for the development and production of communication materials and collateral.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team and to implement event marketing campaigns
- Provide logistical support for events including contacting vendors for quotes
- Maintain files and keep up to date
- Respond to general inquiry calls for client projects and The Williams Agency
- Follow and participate in The Williams Agency Sustainable Leadership Program guidelines
- Assist in developing and upholding sustainability program and initiatives
- Communications and/or Public Relations interest or experience helpful
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Social media/blogging experience or skills
- Proficient with office productivity suite software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint); e-mail, and basic web design; ability to use design software helpful (Photoshop, InDesign, Word Press)
- Must be organized and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Able to establish and build professional relationships and team player
Hours: Part Time and Full Time
Compensation: Unpaid, college credit available or Fellowship credit.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and please include “Spring Cause Based Marketing Internship” along with your name in Subject Line of email.