Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Sustainability Outreach Coordinator works in the Office of Sustainability (OS) and has overall responsibility for updating, strategizing on, reporting on, and working with Ursinus College employees to implement the College’s Climate and Sustainability Action Plan (CSAP) in compliance with our commitment to the ACUPCC. Tasks performed with a high level of autonomy include:
* Must be able to communicate in English, including the ability to speak in public.
* Must be able to work collaboratively with staff, faculty, and students.
· This position is a full time position with flexible work hours to accommodate evening and weekend events.
· Reports for work shifts in a dependable and timely fashion, in order to minimize the interruption or delay of regular output for the department.
· As needed, works outside the framework of a normal work schedule in order to complete projects of heavy demand or to meet student schedules.
· Maintains Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reports.
· Maintains CSAP database.
· Writes, with the Sustainability Outreach Coordinator , the OS Annual Sustainability Report.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Demonstrates and maintains technical knowledge of the job and of related procedures and policies in order to provide quality support to the department and its constituents.
· Begins assignments without prompting, maintains productivity in both quantity and quality of work, and appropriately plans, organizes and prioritizes work in order to maximize the use of department resources.
· Independently contributes ideas and process improvements, and looks for creative solutions and better ways of doing things, in order to meet the goals of continuous improvement.
· Identifies, analyzes and addresses problems in order to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes the negative impact on the organization.
· Makes appropriate, timely, and effective decisions in order to support the work of the department.
· Manages budget for areas related to Sustainability.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
· Advanced degree in environmental studies, sustainability, or related field required, or Bachelor degree in environmental studies, sustainability, or related field and 2-3 years related work experience.
· Must have working knowledge of social media; website programming capabilities a plus.
· Must have knowledge of computer operations and programs sufficient to coordinate all record keeping requirements with vision sufficient to read computer screen and printed materials.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to manage timetables and detailed paper work.
· Must possess physical mobility sufficient to tour campus, work on the organic farm, carry materials for events, etc. Must have good hearing and speaking skills.
· A record of organizational leadership, and familiarity with institutional operations in higher education. The candidate will have strong written and oral communication and interpersonal and skills and a demonstrated ability to coordinate activities within a community of diverse participants. Grant writing experience desirable.
· Adapts to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
· Builds successful relationships with constituents and coworkers. Communicates and works effectively as a team member, in order to maximize the effectiveness of the office.
· Exhibits maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
· Understands and abides by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
· Works successfully with diverse others and upholds the College’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in order to help the organization realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
|Application Deadline: Open until filled|
To apply: Please submit a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three references via email to: hr[at]ursinus.edu (Human Resources Office). We will review applications as received and will continue to do so until the position is filled.