Chasing Ice is a film by Academy Award winner Jim Balog and has won nearly 20 awards at film festivals around the world, including Sundance. It is the story of Jim Balog’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of climate change. Using time-lapse cameras, his videos compress years into seconds and capture ancient mountains of ice in motion as they disappear at a breathtaking rate. Chasing Ice opens in Boston on November 16th and runs until November 22nd at Kendall Square Cinemas. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to see a game-changing environmental film!
Tickets available online at the Kendall Square Cinema website or take advantage of volunteer opportunity (see below for details) to get free tickets.
Would you like to help us share the visual evidence of climate change with a larger audience? .
- At the movie screenings this weekend, we need volunteers to hand out call to action postcards. After each screening, moviegoers are inspired and ask what they can do. You can help provide that information to them by handing out postcards that contain action items as well as information about screenings all across the country.
- Each volunteer shift begins 45 minutes after the start time of the movie, and the volunteer shift lasts approximately 1 hour. The showtimes are still TBD, but there will be screenings throughout the weekend. We will need volunteers Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The screenings will be at the Kendall Square 355 Binney Street Cambridge MA
If you can help us at the theater:
- Please go to http://bit.ly/icevolunteer to indicate your interest.
- You will get a confirmation email with further information on the times and dates available to volunteer, along with the person at the theater you will be checking in with.
NOTE: These volunteer assignments will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, so please let us know quickly if you are interested in helping.
- Would you like to help with a friend? Please do! We need 2 volunteers per screening to help. Please direct your friends to the link http://bit.ly/icevolunteer to indicate their interest.