Boston: Fridays – January 18th and 25th from 12 noon to 4 PM
REGISTER HERE! Attendance at both sessions is required.
What is the Eco-Ambassador Program?
The Office of Sustainability recognizes that staff and faculty play an important role in campus culture. They are often the stalwarts of their offices and thus are in the perfect position to learn about and practice environmentally friendly behaviors. We started the Eco-Ambassador program to help staff members make their workplaces more sustainable and to serve as sustainability resources within their offices or departments. Eco-Ambassadors learn about the many different ways to ‘green’ their office and form a cohort of peers who then support each other and share tips and advice. Check out our Eco-Ambassador Frequently Asked Questions.
Why an Eco-Ambassador Program?
- To reduce the environmental footprint of Tufts’ administrative operations
- To enable staff to play a direct role and have a personal stake in greening efforts
- To build a sense of community by networking like-minded staff around a shared commitment to sustainability
- To enable us to use energy and other resources more efficiently, and save money
- To generate new ideas, test conservation strategies, and incubate best practices for sustainability
- To help Tufts meet its greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals
What do Eco-Ambassadors do?
Eco-Ambassadors are volunteers who spend a few hours per month of paid work time leading departmental efforts to conserve energy and water, select green office products, improve recycling rates and educate their colleagues about environmentally sustainable practices. See examples of Eco-Ambassadors at work.