The Senior Sustainability Data Analyst will provide analytical and tactical support for all sustainability projects with data-related needs and set an overall strategy for the collection, analysis, management, and communication of data and metrics. Will collect, manage, and ensure the quality and integrity of data from multiple sources (e.g., energy, water, materials, food, transportation, waste) throughout campus; oversee MIT’s greenhouse gas inventory update and expansion process; perform cost analysis; assist with the development of relational and dimensional models and reports; write annual metrics performance report that includes infographics and graphs; manage the development of an overall sustainability analytics database for campus; compile and oversee MIT’s greenhouse gas inventories and quantify greenhouse gas reduction activities to support the development of an emerging strategy; develop well-defined sustainability financial reporting templates; support living lab projects related to campus systems (storm water, mobility, etc.); and collaborate with MIT’s Data Science and Data Warehouse teams to develop reporting and analytics.
The Green Restaurant Association (GRA), founded in 1990, is an international, non-profit organization with the mission of creating environmental sustainability in the restaurant industry.
The environmental analyst is a full-time office position. He/she will help restaurants achieve Certified Green Restaurant® status.
- Review invoices, digital pictures, and other forms of documentation that clients submit to demonstrate their environmental accomplishments
- Analyze this Data to determine the steps and points that a restaurant will be credited in accordance with the Green Restaurant Association’s environmental standards
- Research products to determine any environmental merits
- Create educational and technical reports for restaurants
- Contact vendors for product and service information
- Support Environmental Consultants in tasks to help our restaurants improve their environmental impact and achieve certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and math
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of relevant sustainability issues
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Good Communicator