Whether you regularly pedal your way to work or are looking to take advantage of the warmer weather and incorporate biking into your routine, your biked miles can help you and your company, office, or school win prizes through Bay State Bike Week. Massachusetts is the only state with its own statewide bike week, and it starts in just over a week! From May 14th to May 22nd, events across Massachusetts will encourage and reward bike ridership and promote bike safety and awareness.
You can sign up as an individual to participate and compete, but you can also join the Tufts team through the MassCommute Bicycle Challenge. Last year Tufts cyclists logged over 900 miles during Bay State Bike Week – can we top that this year?
As you participate (and after!), check out these resources available on the Boston and Medford campuses:
- Showers and changing rooms at 574 Boston Avenue (Medford)
- Bike racks across campus (check locations on the Tufts Bike Map)
- Bike safety tips (also available on the Tufts Bike Map)
- A new bike repair station outside the Medford Campus Center
- Tufts Bikes offers a free bike share as well as mechanic hours
- Hubway bike rental throughout the city, including locations near the Tufts campuses
- Join NuRide, a program which rewards you for finding more sustainable ways to travel and commute
Know of any bike resources we’ve missed? Tweet them to us — @GreenTufts !