Impact of Construction Activities on Air Quality in Boston Neighborhoods
Funding is available for a graduate student to work with a faculty member in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and a community partner, Alternatives for Community & Environment (ACE) in Boston. The project involves monitoring air quality before and during construction activities in Roxbury to measure the impacts on air quality in downwind neighborhoods. Send inquiries to Professor John Durant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, MA, 02155; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceres is seeking a Vice President of Climate & Energy Programs to lead strategy, initiatives, and sector-based programming in a fast-paced, not-for-profit, organization with a $9+ million budget. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to build on Ceres’ solid achievements in promoting a market-oriented change agenda, in engaging businesses and investors, and in mobilizing them to take action in ways that further the public and environmental good. To apply, email a resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com
Are you passionate about Sustainability? Do you feel you can make a difference? Are you entrepreneurially-minded? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, RPM may be the place for you. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for this newly-created position who desires to have an important impact of the growth of a company. In this position you will develop new clients – educating them as to how RPM will identify opportunities to improve their bottom line and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. As part of our team, you will represent RPM as an integral partner to the customers you work with steering them through the complex world of energy efficiency and sustainability planning. The customer will benefit from RPM’s unique approach to implementing strategic energy and water reduction plans.
Your Role on the RPM Team
- Spearhead new client development.
- Engage new prospects using varied outreach methods such as social media, event participation, email, phone, etc. Cold calling is a critical component to the success of this position.
- Qualify and secure introductory meetings.
- Shepherd interested parties through the process of understanding RPM’s unique approach to sustainability, and its value proposition.
- Diligently use CRM system, tracking activities, capturing relevant data, and keeping accurate notes.
- Assist the RPM client team in developing and implementing aspects of client-specific sustainability plans, as appropriate.
Your ability to work independently and as part of a team is important to your success. You need to be adept at learning new technologies and eager to take on new challenges. Depending on company needs, this position can grow into broader role, developing and closing client engagements.
What You Bring to the Table
- Proven experience securing new clients using cold calling and various outreach techniques.
- Solution based, consultative sales experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with consultative approach to calls.
- BA/BS in environmental science, engineering, computer science or other related technical fields preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in energy consulting and/or lighting and mechanical systems for commercial buildings and/or other related field preferred.
- Experience using CRM software (ACT or equivalent).
- Occasional local travel as needed.
- High degree of professionalism and trustworthiness
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
You Get the Opportunity to
Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future. Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards. Work in a fun, fast-paced environment with high energy, passionate colleagues who are experts in their respective fields. Earn a competitive base salary with a generous commission structure.
Who We Are
Rethinking Power Management (RPM) helps commercial clients turn an interest in sustainability and improved energy performance into meaningful and measurable results. Our unique process and perspective seats us on the customer’s side of the table, providing both strategic planning and implementation support.
For more information, please visit our website.
RPM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion,
sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT: New England Campus Sustainability Forum – Leveraging Collective Resources for the Future
WHEN: September 21, 2012
WHERE: Watson Hall, Wentworth Institute of Technology, 550 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA 02115
SecondNature invites you to attend the New England Campus Sustainability Forum, organized by the New England Board of Higher Education, Clean Air/Cool Planet, Second Nature, Greener U, Colleges of the Fenway and the Northeast Campus Sustainability Consortium. The Forum will explore Organization and Coalition Building, Financial Strategies and the Campus as a Living Laboratory. This event is designed to foster conversation and linkages between all stakeholders: administrators, staff, faculty and students in order to provide new insights on ways to think about and initiate campus sustainability programs.
Among the agenda topics:
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
Registration Fee: $110 per registrant.
Early Bird Registration Deadline: August 17, 2012
*$180 after August 17, 2012.