Posts by Category
What are people talking about?agriculture Boston Business california cambridge Career climate climate change communications community conference conservation contest Coordinator development Eco-Reps education energy environment event fellowship food forest gis graduate intern internship job marketing massachusetts New York Outreach professor recycling research summer sustainability transportation Tufts university Washington D.C. Waste water webinar work
Tag Archives: communications
February 18, 2014 – 1:23 pm
This position leads the development and implementation of the organizational communications strategy, with the goal of cultivating
and expanding EcoLogic’s base of support. Under the framework of this strategy and in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, responsibilities include: develop and implement annual communications plans and budgets; ensure consistent and appropriate use of EcoLogic’s communications, messaging and brand; conceptualize, write, and produce electronic and print publications including the annual report, the bi-annual newsletter, the monthly eNewsletter, and the blog; create, manage and update EcoLogic website content and search engine optimization; cooperate with and support development staff on communications for fundraising; cooperate with and support program and evaluation staff on communications for the dissemination of learning and thought leadership; raise and manage EcoLogic’s profile through advertising, outreach, and media coverage; manage EcoLogic’s image repository; collaborate with the Regional Office on Spanish-language communications; and facilitate internal communications and reporting between staff in the US and staff, partners, and community resource users in thefield, and with the Board of Directors, including coordinating the preparation of periodic updates to the Board.
February 10, 2014 – 2:41 pm
C40 supports the world’s megacities in achieving meaningful reductions of greenhouse gas emissions and climate risk. Through C40, the governments of 63 world cities share knowledge and work together on local efforts that achieve global impact. The jobs are in: Communications, Governance & Global Partnerships, and Operations. View the job descriptions here.
January 21, 2014 – 2:23 pm
The Associate Sustainability Outreach Coordinator (ASOC) will assist with communications efforts, campus outreach and education programming, and campus performance reporting. The ASOC will assist the office with marketing and communications, event planning, and outreach and engagement with the Johns Hopkins Community. Additionally, the ASOC will help coordinate data collection, analysis, and reporting on campus progress, such as energy, greenhouse gas emissions, recycling and waste minimization, water, and office supplies.
January 21, 2014 – 1:45 pm
REDD+, Governance and Locally Controlled Forests. Under the supervision of the Manager, Knowledge and Communications, and in collaboration with programme and project staff the Communications Officer will develop and execute communications and outreach strategies to raise awareness of IUCN’s project and programmatic work on REDD+ and LCF. Learn more/apply.
December 2, 2013 – 11:19 am
The Program on Forests (PROFOR) is seeking to hire a Senior Communications. Officer, based in Washington DC.
PROFOR finances forest-related analysis and processes that support the following goals: improving people¹s livelihoods through better management of forests and trees; enhancing forest law enforcement and governance; financing sustainable forest management; and coordinating forest policy across sectors. Learn more.
November 15, 2013 – 11:16 am
Deadline: Nov. 20, 2013
The University of Florida Office of Sustainability is seeking an Outreach and Communications Coordinator. This Coordinator promotes sustainability on campus through the effective and creative communication of sustainability principles, campus sustainability initiatives, and institutional best practices in ways that engage and motivate the full range of the campus community (faculty, staff, students) and the community-at-large. In addition, the Coordinator will be required to collaboratively oversee the creation of behavior change campaigns targeting all members of the campus community (faculty, staff, students) that show progress toward campus-wide sustainability goals and commitments. The Coordinator will be expected to be a strong member of a collaborative team within the Office of Sustainability working to be both a resource and inspiration for the campus community as it works to make the University of Florida a model and national leader in sustainability.
November 8, 2013 – 11:35 am
*UPDATE: This position has been filled*
Come work with us! The Tufts Office of Sustainability is currently seeking a new communications intern, to begin in spring 2014. Tufts students eligible to apply. Find the job posting and apply through the Tufts job portal, JobX.
|Job Type||On-Campus Jobs|
|Employer||Office of Sustainbility|
|Job Description||The role of the Communications Intern is primarily to assist the Office of Sustainability Marketing team in implementing its marketing and outreach initiatives. Among the responsibilities of the intern are: – Produce content for the various communications channels (online and traditional) – Update the website, blog, Facebook, newsletter and Twitter feed – Assist in organizing events – Create and update materials such as brochures, newsletters, posters, flyers, signs, etc. – Design layouts for both print and online communications – Take and edit photographs as needed|
|Job Requirements||Students with Work Study preferred. The Communications Intern should ideally possess the following characteristics: – Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to work independently and/or within a team – Basic writing, editing and interviewing skills – Graphic design proficiency in Adobe Design Creative Suite, especially Adobe InDesign and Illustrator – Creativity and an eye for good design – Familiarity with online tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and Thinwire (content management tool for websites) preferred, but not required – Basic HTML & CSS skills proficiency preferred, but not required Candidates who provide a portfolio of work/design samples will be given priority.|
|Hours||8.0 to 10.0 hours per week|
|Funding Source(s)||On-Campus Non-Work-Study, On-Campus Work-Study|
|Time Frame||Academic Year|
|Start Date||Spring 2014|
September 27, 2013 – 12:17 pm
DEADLINE: October 28th, 2013
The FSC is currently seeking a Communications Manager. Location: Bonn, Germany. For further information, please download the job opening.
September 27, 2013 – 11:19 am
Ceres is a national coalition of investors, environmentalists, labor unions and public interest groups, dedicated to increasing corporate sustainability and responsibility. Ceres’ interns support Program, Communications, and Development staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. Each internship position requires 10 to 15 hours of work per week. Schedules can be flexible to fit with class and/or work schedules. Ceres compensates interns at a rate of $12.00 hour. Our Fall Internship runs from September 2013 through mid-December 2013. Address all correspondence to: Ceres – Fall Intern, 99 Chauncy St., 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 2, 2013 – 1:46 pm
The Web and Communications Outreach Coordinator is an online organizer for EGA; streamlining communications across organization, using technology to implement new strategic approaches to engaging EGA membership with the organization’s new website, programs and communications. This Coordinator also provides ample administrative support while organizing the membership virtually and at events.
Communications (40 percent)
- Assist with communications plan creation and implementation
- Manage EGA website (consistently updating all content, blogging and recruiting guest bloggers, maintaining member database, keeping information fresh and relevant, like member highlights, photos, videos, tweets), working with Knowledge and Program Manager and web designer as needed
- Keep website up-to-date with event information and resources (planning workbooks, speaker information, agendas, event blogging, recordings)
- Manage EGA listserve
Member Services: Events and Webinars (30 percent)
- Assist Member Services Manager with all concurrent session and keynote speaker logistics for events
- Assist with prospective member outreach and other projects as needed
- Provide logistical support for all EGA webinars
- Lead 3 – 4 relevant webinars per year
General and Administrative (30 percent)
- Provide basic office administrative support (filtering mail, phone calls, responding to member queries, maintaining orderly office space, shipping and mailings as needed, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Assist bookkeeper and Executive Director with managing organizational expenses
- Lead on paperless office and implementing Liquid Planner for staff and project management
- Assist Executive Director with building and uploading board books, record and distribute meeting minutes, and with general scheduling, expense reports, and other administrative tasks
- Travel and attend networking events as needed
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the following areas:
- grassroots organizing, philanthropy, or program outreach/support;
- producing high quality and engaging content for online and print materials;
- environmental communications; experience with managing online advocacy or engagement tools, and data systems;
- experience and enthusiasm for working with people and committee processes related to event planning and logistics coordination;
- enjoy engaging with a wide range of people in person at events, as well as focusing on small group work and individual areas of responsibility;
- creative, self-starting, super organized, highly detail-orientated individual with the ability to find innovative uses of tools and technology to implement effective and efficient engagement strategies;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- basic design and image formatting skills, knowledge of HTML, and best practices for publishing engaging web content.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, work well independently and as a team are essential.
For more information and to apply, click here.