Deadline: Nov. 20, 2013
The University of Florida Office of Sustainability is seeking an Outreach and Communications Coordinator. This Coordinator promotes sustainability on campus through the effective and creative communication of sustainability principles, campus sustainability initiatives, and institutional best practices in ways that engage and motivate the full range of the campus community (faculty, staff, students) and the community-at-large. In addition, the Coordinator will be required to collaboratively oversee the creation of behavior change campaigns targeting all members of the campus community (faculty, staff, students) that show progress toward campus-wide sustainability goals and commitments. The Coordinator will be expected to be a strong member of a collaborative team within the Office of Sustainability working to be both a resource and inspiration for the campus community as it works to make the University of Florida a model and national leader in sustainability.
*UPDATE: This position has been filled*
Come work with us! The Tufts Office of Sustainability is currently seeking a new communications intern, to begin in spring 2014. Tufts students eligible to apply. Find the job posting and apply through the Tufts job portal, JobX.
||Office of Sustainbility
||The role of the Communications Intern is primarily to assist the Office of Sustainability Marketing team in implementing its marketing and outreach initiatives. Among the responsibilities of the intern are: – Produce content for the various communications channels (online and traditional) – Update the website, blog, Facebook, newsletter and Twitter feed – Assist in organizing events – Create and update materials such as brochures, newsletters, posters, flyers, signs, etc. – Design layouts for both print and online communications – Take and edit photographs as needed
||Students with Work Study preferred. The Communications Intern should ideally possess the following characteristics: – Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to work independently and/or within a team – Basic writing, editing and interviewing skills – Graphic design proficiency in Adobe Design Creative Suite, especially Adobe InDesign and Illustrator – Creativity and an eye for good design – Familiarity with online tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and Thinwire (content management tool for websites) preferred, but not required – Basic HTML & CSS skills proficiency preferred, but not required Candidates who provide a portfolio of work/design samples will be given priority.
||8.0 to 10.0 hours per week
||On-Campus Non-Work-Study, On-Campus Work-Study
DEADLINE: October 28th, 2013
The FSC is currently seeking a Communications Manager. Location: Bonn, Germany. For further information, please download the job opening.
Ceres is a national coalition of investors, environmentalists, labor unions and public interest groups, dedicated to increasing corporate sustainability and responsibility. Ceres’ interns support Program, Communications, and Development staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. Each internship position requires 10 to 15 hours of work per week. Schedules can be flexible to fit with class and/or work schedules. Ceres compensates interns at a rate of $12.00 hour. Our Fall Internship runs from September 2013 through mid-December 2013. Address all correspondence to: Ceres – Fall Intern, 99 Chauncy St., 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02111, Email: email@example.com
The Web and Communications Outreach Coordinator is an online organizer for EGA; streamlining communications across organization, using technology to implement new strategic approaches to engaging EGA membership with the organization’s new website, programs and communications. This Coordinator also provides ample administrative support while organizing the membership virtually and at events.
Communications (40 percent)
- Assist with communications plan creation and implementation
- Manage EGA website (consistently updating all content, blogging and recruiting guest bloggers, maintaining member database, keeping information fresh and relevant, like member highlights, photos, videos, tweets), working with Knowledge and Program Manager and web designer as needed
- Keep website up-to-date with event information and resources (planning workbooks, speaker information, agendas, event blogging, recordings)
- Manage EGA listserve
Member Services: Events and Webinars (30 percent)
- Assist Member Services Manager with all concurrent session and keynote speaker logistics for events
- Assist with prospective member outreach and other projects as needed
- Provide logistical support for all EGA webinars
- Lead 3 – 4 relevant webinars per year
General and Administrative (30 percent)
- Provide basic office administrative support (filtering mail, phone calls, responding to member queries, maintaining orderly office space, shipping and mailings as needed, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Assist bookkeeper and Executive Director with managing organizational expenses
- Lead on paperless office and implementing Liquid Planner for staff and project management
- Assist Executive Director with building and uploading board books, record and distribute meeting minutes, and with general scheduling, expense reports, and other administrative tasks
- Travel and attend networking events as needed
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the following areas:
- grassroots organizing, philanthropy, or program outreach/support;
- producing high quality and engaging content for online and print materials;
- environmental communications; experience with managing online advocacy or engagement tools, and data systems;
- experience and enthusiasm for working with people and committee processes related to event planning and logistics coordination;
- enjoy engaging with a wide range of people in person at events, as well as focusing on small group work and individual areas of responsibility;
- creative, self-starting, super organized, highly detail-orientated individual with the ability to find innovative uses of tools and technology to implement effective and efficient engagement strategies;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- basic design and image formatting skills, knowledge of HTML, and best practices for publishing engaging web content.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, work well independently and as a team are essential.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. Ceres’ interns support program staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. While providing some administrative support, interns will primarily work in one of the following areas using skills in research, project coordination, IT and communications.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a $10 trillion network of investors which promotes better understanding and advocacy concerning the risks of climate change among institutional investors
- Industry programs, which seek to create positive change in specific industries such as insurance, oil and gas, and electric power
- Corporate accountability and coalition programs, which build Ceres’ capacity as a force for change through corporate sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement with companies
- Ceres’ Policy program which engages business leaders to support the passage of climate legislation
- Development, which focuses on working with individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Communications, which deals with press relations and print, web, and email communications
- Conference, which focuses on Ceres’ signature event bringing together business leaders and thought leaders
Internship positions are full time (40 hours/week) and will last eight (8) weeks; exact start and end dates could be flexible, but our actual Summer Program begins June 3, 2013 and ends July 26, 2013. Ceres provides a $3300 stipend and a “T” pass for approximately nine interns. We are looking for both undergraduate and graduate students.
For more information or to apply, send a resume, cover letter, and two (2) brief writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cambridge Local First is a network of locally owned and independent businesses formed in October 2005 to build a strong Cambridge economy and a vibrant community. CLF is seeking the following interns: Sustainable Economies Marketing and Communications Intern and Fundraising and Sponsorship Intern.
Sustainable Economies Marketing and Communications Intern: CLF is seeking an intern to help with CLF’s annual marketing campaigns, social media sites, member engagement, and to plan and promote future events that would benefit CLF members and the public. The intern will have the opportunity to work closely with many local Cambridge businesses, as well as city officials and community partners.
Fundraising and Sponsorship Intern: CLF is seeking an intern to research and create new and exciting fundraising and sponsorship opportunities and to assist in existing fundraising campaigns- specifically the CLF annual Business Directory and direct coupon mailer.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. For more information about CLF, please click here.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the CM will oversee WildAid’s non-programmatic communications, public relations, and new media outreach. Currently, WildAid reaches over 1 billion consumers across 35 different platforms through over 50 media partnerships. The successful candidate will bring creativity and resourcefulness to build WildAid’s multimedia and on-line presence, increasing public awareness, and supporting fundraising efforts. This role is both strategic and hands-on in nature; because WildAid’s mission revolves around harnessing the power of communication, the CM must have the vision for the communications strategy as well as be able to produce content themselves. Interested, qualified candidates can address a cover letter and resume to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a successful non-profit organization that serves urban youth and provides them with new outdoor experiences, confidence-building activities, and leadership programs.YES offers a year-round continuum of programs that promote physical activity and guide youth toward positive development, leadership training, community service, career programming, and college planning.
YES is seeking a part-time intern to join its growing development team. This position is responsible for a full range of activities related to fundraising, in particular individual giving and events. Activities include:
- Coordinating small-to-midsize fundraising events, in coordination with Development Committee members
- Supporting the coordination of the April 2013 YES Gala fundraiser event
- Partnering with organizational leadership to execute donor site visits and other cultivation activities
- Preparing and editing communications for donors (e.g. acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, etc)
- Assisting with other development projects as requested
For more information and to apply, click here.
Bikes Not Bombs seeks to hire a dynamic, creative, and highly organized professional to manage the organization’s fundraising efforts, major donor strategies, oversee events, and serve as an enthusiastic ambassador of BNB’s mission. Strong relationship cultivation and management of donors and volunteers is key to success in this role. The position requires both an ability to think strategically about the “big picture” and execute plans with strong attention to detail. The Director of Fundraising & Events will work on a team including the Communications Manager, Information and Technology Manager and Development Associate and will report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include: Gift Management/Donor Cultivation and Stewardship, Mail and Phone Solicitations, Major Donor Strategies, Events, Communications, and Administration.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Some evenings and weekends required.
Please send cover letter and resume by December 24th to email@example.com. Expected start date is February 1, 2013. For more information, please click here.