Small, entrepreneurial consulting/advisory firm seeks an accomplished renewable energy professional with exceptional quantitative and analytical skills to contribute to the growth of this successful practice. The selected candidate will be an experienced practitioner and project manager capable of supporting the often simultaneous needs of a diverse set of clients and tasks. This position requires existing knowledge of a broad range of renewable energy topics and a well-established professional network within the industry. Learn more/apply.
Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates (N\N) is seeking a highly organized, independent and motivated intern for its growing Boston office primarily to support the firm’s practice in transit service planning. In addition, the intern may be asked to support paratransit and taxi projects, multi-modal transportation and non-motorized transportation planning projects, and smart parking and transportation demand management projects. The intern will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by experienced transit and transportation planners. Learn more/apply.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a global consulting firm assisting public and private clients to plan, develop, design, construct, operate and maintain thousands of critical infrastructure projects around the world. Parsons Brinckerhoff’s Boston, MA office has an immediate need for a Mid-Level Environmental Planner. Candidates should have a background in the National Environmental Policy ACT (NEPA), the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA), and permitting, experience in transportation projects; be able to lead and support the analysis of environmental impacts; and be able to manage projects and/or tasks in a collaborative setting with multiple disciplines. For more details and to apply, click here.
Application period for this vacancy closes February 22, 2013.
Face the Future is founded in 1990 with the objective to mitigate reduce climate change by reforestation and forest conservation projects. She is one of the global pioneers in the area of forest carbon projects.
The Carbon Project Manager will be responsible for the carbon aspect of specific projects (mostly in developing countries). The Project Manager works acts as the primary contact for both the management as field staff of the project partners. The following activities will be assigned to the Carbon Project Manager:
- Coordination (both on policy as planning level) of validation and verification of the projects
- Additional development within existing projects (social activities, expansion, new validation standards, etc.)
- Development of monitoring and baseline methodologies
- Development of carbon models of the projects
- Managing project budgets
- Maintain contacts with NGO’s, governments, partners and other stakeholders
- Providing consultancy services on all of the above items
The candidate meets the following profile:
- Finalized education (tropical) forestry or similar education (at least M.Sc)
- Multiple years of experience in international carbon or forestry projects
- Knowledge and experience in carbon validation (CDM/voluntary) and monitoring of forest biomass
- Experience in working on organizing and overseeing public stakeholder consultations at village/community level in developing countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills
For additional information and to apply, please click here.