Ceres is a national coalition of investors, environmentalists, labor unions and public interest groups, dedicated to increasing corporate sustainability and responsibility. Ceres’ interns support Program, Communications, and Development staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. Each internship position requires 10 to 15 hours of work per week. Schedules can be flexible to fit with class and/or work schedules. Ceres compensates interns at a rate of $12.00 hour. Our Fall Internship runs from September 2013 through mid-December 2013. Address all correspondence to: Ceres – Fall Intern, 99 Chauncy St., 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. Ceres’ interns support program staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. While providing some administrative support, interns will primarily work in one of the following areas using skills in research, project coordination, IT and communications.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a $10 trillion network of investors which promotes better understanding and advocacy concerning the risks of climate change among institutional investors
- Industry programs, which seek to create positive change in specific industries such as insurance, oil and gas, and electric power
- Corporate accountability and coalition programs, which build Ceres’ capacity as a force for change through corporate sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement with companies
- Ceres’ Policy program which engages business leaders to support the passage of climate legislation
- Development, which focuses on working with individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Communications, which deals with press relations and print, web, and email communications
- Conference, which focuses on Ceres’ signature event bringing together business leaders and thought leaders
Internship positions are full time (40 hours/week) and will last eight (8) weeks; exact start and end dates could be flexible, but our actual Summer Program begins June 3, 2013 and ends July 26, 2013. Ceres provides a $3300 stipend and a “T” pass for approximately nine interns. We are looking for both undergraduate and graduate students.
For more information or to apply, send a resume, cover letter, and two (2) brief writing samples to email@example.com.