The Domestic Fair Trade Association (DFTA) is a collaboration of organizations from across the food and agriculture system including farmers, farmworkers, food workers, processors, marketers, manufacturers, retailers, and NGOs united by a common vision for health, justice, and sustainability. The mission of DFTA is to promote and protect the integrity of Domestic Fair Trade Principles through education, marketing, advocacy and endorsements. DFTA holds members to a high bar of integrity and commitment. To facilitate collaboration and accountability within the organization, DFTA is initiating a new peer review process this year. The member services intern will work with the DFTA membership and marketing committees on member outreach and engagement with a primary focus on implementing the self‐evaluation portion of the peer review process.
- Become familiar with the mission and programs of DFTA, especially the membership application process and membership engagement
- Review membership applications for all members (37 members at present) and customize standard self‐evaluation questions for each
- Set up and conduct interviews with all members
- Prepare reports based on interviews for review by the membership committee
- Assist with outreach and preparation for the DFTA annual membership meeting
- Attend and assist with DFTA annual meeting November 12‐14 in Rochester, NY
- Assist with other work as time, interest, and needs allow
- A commitment to the vision, mission, and principles of DFTA is essential. Please review these on our website.
- Comfortable conducting telephone interviews.
- Clear written communication skills.
- Some familiarity with agriculture, food, fair trade, or social justice issues is helpful.
- The intern will report directly to the executive director, but will work closely with two DFTA committees as described above.
- Boston area is desired, but we can consider locations in proximity to a DFTA committee member by mutual negotiation.
- Timing is flexible, with a 300‐hour commitment any time between August and December 2012. Must be available to attend DFTA annual meeting November 12‐14 in Rochester, NY.
- A stipend of $3,000 is available.
To apply: Please send a resume and letter describing interest and qualifications to
firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Domestic Fair Trade Association, visit our website.