Fair Share Alliance is a citizen-based non-profit advocacy organization that works to provide every American with a fair shot at a good job and a strong voice in our democracy. We are NOW HIRING for positions around the country. Click here to learn more: http://tiny.cc/FairShareDirector.
While millions of Americans are struggling to find work and make ends meet, big corporations and special interests are getting billions in government subsidies and exerting far too much influence in our political system. Fair Share Alliance is fighting back! Through grassroots organizing and advocacy, we’re working to create more jobs rebuilding America and expanding clean energy.
We’re hiring Campaign Directors to lead our grassroots campaign for a fair economy. We’re looking for graduating seniors and students going into their Junior and Senior year who are passionate and ready to take action to create positive social change in our economy and democracy. If you’d like to receive more information, please fill out our online interest form: http://tiny.cc/FairShareDirector.
Interviews are being held right now and over the next few weeks. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis. If you’re ready to apply, please email your resume and one paragraph about why you’re interested to Patrick Stelmach, Lead Campaign Director, at email@example.com.
Fair Share Alliance Campaign Director Job Description:
FIGHT FOR A FAIR ECONOMY
As a Campaign Director, you’ll be a part of building a Fair Share Alliance organization in your community and raising the profile of our issues to make a real impact in the lives of your friends, family and neighbors. Campaign Directors are responsible for building the grassroots movement to help everyday people have access to the American Dream. Specifically, you’ll run a local campaign office to conduct grassroots fundraising, build membership for Fair Share Alliance and support for our issues, turnout voters for the elections and keep the heat on the 1% in the media.
You’ll work on a team with other directors to run a successful campaign office. Each Director will be responsible for:
• Recruit and manage a 10-25 staff members to sign on thousands of members in your area to support our work and our issue campaigns.
• Train staff on effective canvassing and grassroots campaign skills.
• Develop new leaders and the next generation of political activists.
Grassroots fundraising and membership building
• Lead the effort to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars and recruit thousands of members for the organization locally. Specifically, meet or exceed your office’s goals for fundraising and membership.
• Canvass three or more days a week to raise money, identify supporters, sign up members and train staff.
• Manage all day-to-day administrative tasks related to fundraising, building membership, campaign and election work and general office management.
Issue Campaigns and Election Field Work
• Work with local coalitions of like-minded organizations, elected leaders and businesses.
• Run media events to raise the profile of our issues.
• Organize grassroots lobbying events and in-district meetings with elected officials.
• Work with the Fair Share Alliance political team to devise a local strategy for reaching out to base and swing voters.
• Recruit volunteers and staff to talk face-to-face with thousands of voters.
• Target and turn out our supporters to vote.
Training is designed to give the skills and confidence needed to tackle the challenges of building a movement. In classrooms and in the field, you’ll work with experienced staff to learn all the skills of campaign directing, including recruitment, leadership development, staff management, public speaking, media, fundraising, canvassing, and administrative management.
We’re looking for smart leaders ready to launch a project in their state. Passion for the issues, strong work ethic, ability to work on a team and follow direction are a must.
We’re hiring for 30 locations across the country.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter and resume to Patrick Stelmach, Lead Campaign Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.