EcoDev is a leading Environmental NGO based in Myanmar since 1999, which has been implementing projects nationwide and engaging in policy dialogue. Currently Myanmar has one of the highest rates of deforestation in the world. Between 1990 and 2005, Burma lost an average of 466,000 hectares of forest per year – or 18% of its total forest area. For more information please refer to Vacancy announcement or email directly at email@example.com.
DEADLINE: October 7, 2013
The FSC is also currently also seeking a Key Account Officer for the Asia Pacific region.
Location: Hong Kong, China. For further information, please download the job opening.
DEADLINE: October 28th, 2013
The FSC is currently seeking a Communications Manager. Location: Bonn, Germany. For further information, please download the job opening.
Application period for this vacancy closes February 22, 2013.
Face the Future is founded in 1990 with the objective to mitigate reduce climate change by reforestation and forest conservation projects. She is one of the global pioneers in the area of forest carbon projects.
The Carbon Project Manager will be responsible for the carbon aspect of specific projects (mostly in developing countries). The Project Manager works acts as the primary contact for both the management as field staff of the project partners. The following activities will be assigned to the Carbon Project Manager:
- Coordination (both on policy as planning level) of validation and verification of the projects
- Additional development within existing projects (social activities, expansion, new validation standards, etc.)
- Development of monitoring and baseline methodologies
- Development of carbon models of the projects
- Managing project budgets
- Maintain contacts with NGO’s, governments, partners and other stakeholders
- Providing consultancy services on all of the above items
The candidate meets the following profile:
- Finalized education (tropical) forestry or similar education (at least M.Sc)
- Multiple years of experience in international carbon or forestry projects
- Knowledge and experience in carbon validation (CDM/voluntary) and monitoring of forest biomass
- Experience in working on organizing and overseeing public stakeholder consultations at village/community level in developing countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills
For additional information and to apply, please click here.