KCM Consulting Services, Inc. – St. Louis, MO
An innovative, nationally recognized non-profit Company that provides energy efficiency and green-building services is seeking candidates to fill our opening for a new Market Development Lead position. The Market Development Lead will be responsible for managing the operations of our new office opening in the East St. Louis (Metro area).
Our mission is to deliver smarter energy use for all. We design and implement energy efficiency programs that lower costs, protect the environment, and ensure the benefits of energy efficiency reach those who need them most.
The new office will provide energy efficiency and cost-effective green building services that improve the performance, health and durability of buildings in East St. Louis (Metro area as well as down state IL). Our clients are typically owners of multifamily housing, (with an emphasis on affordable housing) but we also provide services to community-based projects such as municipal, and educational buildings. These projects will include buildings that are being newly constructed, as well as those being renovated, or those only seeking improved energy efficiency. The work requires technical competency in building science and/or construction management and/or energy efficiency, as well as experience with: business development, marketing, customer relationships, management, and finance.
The Market Development Lead will effectively engage local stakeholders to develop a local presence and cultivate relationships with affordable housing owners and managers to generate a robust pipeline of projects for our multifamily energy efficiency services.
Business Development & Stakeholder Engagement
• Coordinate and host meetings with local stakeholders (such as state housing officials, financing agencies, utilities, trade organizations and others) to develop key partnerships necessary to establish a presence in the St. Louis metro area and Southern Illinois as a multifamily energy efficiency service provider.
• Cultivate relationships with subsidized and unsubsidized affordable multifamily building owners and organizations that interface with property owners and managers to develop a client base and project pipeline for multifamily energy efficiency services.
• Engage local utilities, lenders, state agencies and other potential entities that may finance or incentivize energy efficiency improvements to develop a full package of support for owners to move forward with energy improvements.
• Represent the Company with clients and with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders
at meetings, conferences, etc.
• Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal and external stakeholders.
• Eventual set up and management of a satellite office for the Company located in the East St. Louis metro area. Including hiring staff as needed.
• Manage multiple projects and prospective client engagements simultaneously. Specifically, energy efficiency services for multifamily properties going through a substantial or moderate rehabilitation and/or applying for green building certification to meet Low‐income Housing Tax Credit Qualified Allocation Plan requirements.
• Develop business strategy to grow Elevate Energy’s operation in the St. Louis metro area
• Conduct energy efficiency audits and inspect energy efficiency retrofits, as needed
• Communicate with contractors and oversee construction management as necessary
• Perform other duties as required in assistance to and in cooperation with other Company staff.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree very desirable. At least 5 years’ experience in affordable multifamily housing, energy efficiency, building science or related field required.
• BPI, CEM, HERS, and/or LEED accreditation and experience certifying projects a plus.
• Experience conducting energy audits and building inspections
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and client engagements.
• Excellent writing and public speaking skills required.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Willingness to travel extensively throughout the St. Louis metro area.
• Valid Driver’s License
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- building science, construction management, energy efficiency, marketing, leadership: 5 years of related experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thanks for your help!