Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. Ceres’ interns support program staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. While providing some administrative support, interns will primarily work in one of the following areas using skills in research, project coordination, IT and communications.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a $10 trillion network of investors which promotes better understanding and advocacy concerning the risks of climate change among institutional investors
- Industry programs, which seek to create positive change in specific industries such as insurance, oil and gas, and electric power
- Corporate accountability and coalition programs, which build Ceres’ capacity as a force for change through corporate sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement with companies
- Ceres’ Policy program which engages business leaders to support the passage of climate legislation
- Development, which focuses on working with individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Communications, which deals with press relations and print, web, and email communications
- Conference, which focuses on Ceres’ signature event bringing together business leaders and thought leaders
Internship positions are full time (40 hours/week) and will last eight (8) weeks; exact start and end dates could be flexible, but our actual Summer Program begins June 3, 2013 and ends July 26, 2013. Ceres provides a $3300 stipend and a “T” pass for approximately nine interns. We are looking for both undergraduate and graduate students.
For more information or to apply, send a resume, cover letter, and two (2) brief writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green City Growers, Massachusetts’ premiere vegetable gardening business, is seeking an intern for spring 2013. GCG specializes in raised-bed garden installations, maintenance, and education for residential, business, restaurant and community locations. We are a small business (6 full time staff), and operate out of Union Square in Somerville.
GCG is seeking a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themselves in a growing business. Your time at GCG will be focused on sales, marketing, and business development. You will learn many aspects of running a small business. If you are looking to gain a wide variety of professional experience, this internship is for you. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and executing newsletters
- Blogging and utilizing social networks
- Emailing and following up on sales leads
- Assistance in scheduling and coordinating workshops out of the GCG Office space
- Attending and finding events
- Track and analyze marketing data
- Aid in the development of new sales techniques
The position will last until the end of May. The internship is part time (2-3 days a week). Candidates will only be considered if they can commit to the position until the end of May.
Please send a resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in obtaining this internship, when you can start and your availability. More information can be found by clicking here.
The Green Salem (MA) Business Challenge (GSBC) seeks an intern who is passionate about green initiatives and improving sustainability practices with a demonstrated flair for public relations, communications, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will bring excellent written and oral communication skills, experience writing press releases and using a variety of media platforms (including social media) to disseminate the GSBC message and to increase participation in the program. The GSBC intern must be able to commit to 10 to 15 hours per month for a period of six months with a start date in September 2012. S/he must have good project management skills and the ability to work in a deadline sensitive environment. For more information, or to apply, please contact Liz Vago, email@example.com, 978-744-3442. Also, see the full job posting at: http://www.salem.com/Pages/SalemMA_jobs/I038F0CF1