USGBC Massachusetts is seeking an Intern for the Winter Semester:
USGBC MA Communications Intern
The USGBC MA Chapter seeks a green building/sustainability enthusiast to help us get our message out, grow our network and meet our mission to enable every person to live, work, learn and play in green buildings within a generation. We are a small organization of two full-time staff and many passionate volunteers that need an individual focused on tightening up and implementing our communications systems, freshening up our materials, and tracking our outreach and assessing its impact.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing our events and programs via social media consistently and systematically
- Updating our events calendar
- Soliciting content from volunteers and partners to share on our network
- Reaching out to volunteers and partners to share our events with their networks
- Updating our Communications Manual
- Developing on-line and print marketing materials
- Supporting our volunteer Communications and Membership Committees
- Maintaining and updating the Chapter email distribution lists
- Assisting with website maintenance, monthly newsletters, and media outreach.
- Highly organized and a good communicator
- Ability to do both creative and routine work
- Proficiency in excel, constant contact and photoshop
- Graphic Design experience a plus
The Communications Intern will report and work closely with the USGBC MA, Executive Director. The Communications Intern is expected to work from the USGBC MA Chapter office in downtown Boston at least half their time. The Communications Intern will need to attend two meetings a month from 6-8PM as our volunteer Committees meet after normal work hours.
Students and recent graduates with a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field are encouraged to apply. This is a $10/hour, three month commitment of 20 hours a week, with the potential to be extended or evolved into a more significant position.
Start Date: Early January 2015