Are you passionate about local food? Are you excited about building community? Want to be the first employee at the Assabet Village Co-op Market? Candidates for this position must be passionate about co-ops and have excellent communication, management and team-building skills to coordinate with the Board, future General Manager, working committees, as well as Co-op owners, prospective owners, stakeholders, and community. They must be reliably available to come up with ideas, implement them, and follow them through to completion. They must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work in a group. They must be able to take direction from the Board and provide direction to the Board and to others.
The Boston Community Gardens Intern will play a key role in the day to day operations of one the Trustees most diverse selection of properties. The Boston Region includes a total of 60 special places; 56 Community Gardens 4 reservations. With 215,000 annual visitors, the Community Gardens portfolio has a huge impact on the profile of the Trustees in Boston. The Gardens are living, growing refuges in otherwise built, urban neighborhoods. They are gathering spaces in their communities, providing people with access to fresh food and a direct connection to the earth.
Sunday, October 7th, 11am-5pm
The Boston Greenway
What You’ll Find at the Festival
- Freshly harvested produce and seafood from farmers and fishermen
- Scrumptious, $5 servings, featuring locally grown foods
- Entertaining demonstrations and competitions by chefs and other food experts
- Lively local music of many cultural tastes
- Tastings of Bay State hand-crafted wines and locally crafted beer
- Engaging exhibitions and playful activities for the kid in all of us
- Interactive workshops featuring local food leaders
- Food-inspired arts and crafts
- Recycling and sustainable practices for minimal waste
For more information about volunteering or attending, visit the Boston Local Food Festival webiste!
Join Cambridge Local First for the March “Local Thirst” event at the hip new Area Four Restaurant in Kendall Square. Cambridge Local First is partnering with the Green Streets Initiative and the Cambridge Energy Alliance for a night of networking and trivia.
Come prepared on your trivia knowledge for all things energy, health, and community! Area Four will be donating pizzas for this exciting event.
Where: Area Four, 500 Technology Square, Cambridge
For more information email Cambridge Local First.