Applicants with an interest in,or experience with environmental justice are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates with expertise in two or more of the following areas will be given the highest consideration: environmental and earth system science; global sustainability; resilience; risk and vulnerability; human-environment interactions; scenario analysis; sustainability policy and global politics; urban social-ecological systems; food and water use; ecological design; agricultural ecology; and transportation. Training and supervision of teaching assistants supervising research/internships and academic advising experience. Curricular development,relevant researchexperience and publication record will also be evaluated. A record of/or potential for successful research funding.
Are you an undergrad or recent grad? Do you aspire to be a leader in sustainability in business and/or politics?
Bard Center for Environmental Politics trains C2C fellows to become exactly that. They have upcoming weekend training sessions, including one close to home, at Bentley University in Waltham, MA.
Students can apply now. Applications are due two weeks prior to each workshop. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a Bard C2C Fellow here. Cost for the weekend trainings, including food (and lodging for those traveling more than an hour), is $30. Registration scholarships are available, and students can often apply to their student governments for travel support as well.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your skills as a sustainability leader and build your network of others who are passionate about changing the world.
Not at Tufts? Here’s the full list of dates and locations for the training sessions across the country:
MA (Bentley University) | October 25–27, 2013
CA (Bay Area) | November 8–10, 2013
NY (Bard College) | February 14-16, 2014
FL (University of Florida) | March, 2014
IL (Moraine Valley Community College) | April, 2014
The FUND partners with more than 50 leading progressive political organizations working to protect the environment, public health, and human rights. The Executive Assistant Intern will work side by side with the FUND’s Assistant National Canvass Director to help coordinate the following:
- Communication with the Field Team: Interns will work to pull together daily field updates on our voter registration progress.
- Event Planning: Interns will work with to organize special events in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and California. This will include event planning logistics and coordinating outreach to key leadership staff.
- Campaign Product: The intern will be responsible for achieving campaign deliverables, planning a news conference and writing Letters-to-the Editor.
- Organizational Development: The intern will work with the Assistant National Canvass Director on projects to strengthen our institutional systems. This will include working on developing a media and photo database, managing our contact database, and updating our website.
Hours: The start and end dates are flexible, although most interns begin in mid-May and intern through mid-August. Interns work between 40 hours/week, and the level of commitment can be tailored to your schedule.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Naomi Roth, email@example.com.
Terra Strategies is looking for individuals for positions as political canvassers. We are working with the League of Conservation Voters to ensure voters know who stands strong on environmental issues leading in to the upcoming election. We are also able to provide internship and volunteer opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with voters at their door
- Educate voters about environmental issues and how they can be impacted in the upcoming November election
- Report all challenges and problems to regional director
- Participate in meetings and trainings
- Aggressive, detail oriented, and adaptive personality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to walk outside for several hours each day
- Must be comfortable communicating with voters at the doors
- Must live in the Boston area and have reliable transportation.
All employees will be salaried employees. Background checks will be required before hiring.
Full and part-time work is available
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $70 a shift
To Apply: Email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terra Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer