The UO Academic Extension (AE) invites applications to fill an Officer of Administration position of Program Manager, Sustainability Leadership Program (SLP). This position is for 12 months, fixed term, .60 FTE, renewable annually based on funding and performance. Salary is commensurate with experience, based on a full time (12 month) salary of$40,000 – $60,000. Additional compensation may be possible through instructional assignments. Excellent benefits. See http://hr.uoregon.edu/benefits/ for more information.
The mission of the Sustainability Leadership Program (SLP) is to provide practitioners with a theoretical foundation and practical tools for leading organizations, communities, and individuals to develop sustainable living and working environments. SLP provides participants with opportunities to meet their career and academic goals through fields of study that are cultivated to create a unique learning environment for professional growth and development. The Sustainability Leadership Program was launched in 2003 and during this time it has served over 1,000 individuals from more than 450 organizations.
The SLP courses, both credit and noncredit, are administered in a cost-recovery fiscal model through Academic Extension (AE). Curricular approval for optional academic credit-bearing courses is through the UO School of Architecture and Allied Arts.
General Description of the Position
The Program Manager will manage the ongoing intensive workshop series, held on-site at UO White Stag Block in Portland, and launch a pilot online series.
- Coordination of on-site program activities, approximately .3 FTE:
- Coordination of online program, approximately .3 FTE:
The Program Manager will be responsible for multiple aspects of the Sustainability Leadership Program (SLP).
- Organize, plan, and implement program content and delivery.
- Research and recommend curriculum and relevant technology.
- Work with content experts and the instructional design/technology support staff to develop and deliver online courses.
- Propose, implement, and monitor program activities within cost-recovery budget structure.
- Communicate with students, faculty, and technology services.
- Select and hire new and continuing presenters.
- Develop and review curriculum in collaboration with appropriate academic units.
- Evaluate overall course and program format and delivery modes.
- Consult with participants on workshop topics and develop individualized study plans.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns, directing themes, and writing text for program promotional materials, including website.
- Coordinate student access for both content and technological interaction.
- Integrate, where appropriate, with AE programs and UO resources.
- Attend sustainability related conferences and events; participate in committees, workgroups, and community outreach activities.
- Work with fiscal services to develop arrangements for presenters’ contractual agreements.
To implement these functions, the Program Manager will work with other staff/areas within Academic Extension, including registration and operations; graphics, communications, and marketing; fiscal services; technology and instructional design; facilities; etc.
Please send the following three items as a single PDF attachment, via e-mail:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Vita
- Contact information for three references
Subject: UO Job Posting # 12174