ChangeLab Solutions (formerly Public Health Law & Policy or PHLP) is hiring a Planning/Policy Intern. The intern will support our team of urban planners, lawyers, and policy analysts to explore planning and policy solutions to increase access to healthy foods and physical activity. We develop tools for training advocates about the relationship between the built environment and public health and provide technical assistance on implementing policies that support healthier communities. ChangeLab Solutions provides interns with an opportunity to work in a fast-paced policy environment on projects that have substantial impact on the policymaking process in numerous communities and states across the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide research and analysis to strengthen state and local policies to create healthy, sustainable communities.
- Research and writing on a variety of cutting-edge transportation, food systems, and land use policy strategies.
- Collect and synthesize a variety of primary and secondary research sources, including interviews, reports, municipal codes, general plans and zoning codes and other planning/policy documents, and academic literature.
- Conduct key informant interviews with policy practitioners and other experts to inform research and product development
- Craft clear, easy-to-read fact sheets, technical assistance responses, and other written resources for ChangeLab Solutions’ audience.
- Masters degree in city and regional planning, public policy, public health, or related field. Bachelors degree in a related field with two years of policy research and writing experience can be substituted.
- Current graduate students will also be considered.
- Familiarity with land use planning processes, including transportation, economic development, climate change, sustainability, and food systems, preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with food systems, active living, transportation, or other chronic disease prevention policies preferred, but not required.
For more information and to apply, click here.