Application period for this vacancy closes February 22, 2013.
Face the Future is founded in 1990 with the objective to mitigate reduce climate change by reforestation and forest conservation projects. She is one of the global pioneers in the area of forest carbon projects.
The Carbon Project Manager will be responsible for the carbon aspect of specific projects (mostly in developing countries). The Project Manager works acts as the primary contact for both the management as field staff of the project partners. The following activities will be assigned to the Carbon Project Manager:
- Coordination (both on policy as planning level) of validation and verification of the projects
- Additional development within existing projects (social activities, expansion, new validation standards, etc.)
- Development of monitoring and baseline methodologies
- Development of carbon models of the projects
- Managing project budgets
- Maintain contacts with NGO’s, governments, partners and other stakeholders
- Providing consultancy services on all of the above items
The candidate meets the following profile:
- Finalized education (tropical) forestry or similar education (at least M.Sc)
- Multiple years of experience in international carbon or forestry projects
- Knowledge and experience in carbon validation (CDM/voluntary) and monitoring of forest biomass
- Experience in working on organizing and overseeing public stakeholder consultations at village/community level in developing countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills
For additional information and to apply, please click here.