Posts by Category
What are people talking about?agriculture Boston Business california cambridge Career climate climate change communications community conference conservation contest Coordinator development Eco-Reps education energy environment event fellowship food gis graduate intern internship job marketing massachusetts New York Outreach policy professor recycling research summer sustainability transportation Tufts university Washington D.C. Waste water webinar work
Tag Archives: spanish
February 18, 2014 – 1:23 pm
This position leads the development and implementation of the organizational communications strategy, with the goal of cultivating
and expanding EcoLogic’s base of support. Under the framework of this strategy and in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, responsibilities include: develop and implement annual communications plans and budgets; ensure consistent and appropriate use of EcoLogic’s communications, messaging and brand; conceptualize, write, and produce electronic and print publications including the annual report, the bi-annual newsletter, the monthly eNewsletter, and the blog; create, manage and update EcoLogic website content and search engine optimization; cooperate with and support development staff on communications for fundraising; cooperate with and support program and evaluation staff on communications for the dissemination of learning and thought leadership; raise and manage EcoLogic’s profile through advertising, outreach, and media coverage; manage EcoLogic’s image repository; collaborate with the Regional Office on Spanish-language communications; and facilitate internal communications and reporting between staff in the US and staff, partners, and community resource users in thefield, and with the Board of Directors, including coordinating the preparation of periodic updates to the Board.
February 14, 2013 – 2:18 pm
Application period for this vacancy closes February 22, 2013.
Face the Future is founded in 1990 with the objective to mitigate reduce climate change by reforestation and forest conservation projects. She is one of the global pioneers in the area of forest carbon projects.
The Carbon Project Manager will be responsible for the carbon aspect of specific projects (mostly in developing countries). The Project Manager works acts as the primary contact for both the management as field staff of the project partners. The following activities will be assigned to the Carbon Project Manager:
- Coordination (both on policy as planning level) of validation and verification of the projects
- Additional development within existing projects (social activities, expansion, new validation standards, etc.)
- Development of monitoring and baseline methodologies
- Development of carbon models of the projects
- Managing project budgets
- Maintain contacts with NGO’s, governments, partners and other stakeholders
- Providing consultancy services on all of the above items
The candidate meets the following profile:
- Finalized education (tropical) forestry or similar education (at least M.Sc)
- Multiple years of experience in international carbon or forestry projects
- Knowledge and experience in carbon validation (CDM/voluntary) and monitoring of forest biomass
- Experience in working on organizing and overseeing public stakeholder consultations at village/community level in developing countries
- Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills
For additional information and to apply, please click here.