Corporate Accountability International is a membership organization that protects people by waging and winning campaigns challenging irresponsible and dangerous corporate actions around the world.
Think Outside the Bottle Student Leader Description: For more than six years, Corporate Accountability International’s Think Outside the Bottle campaign has been building support for our public water systems and challenging the social and environmental impacts of bottled water. Students are playing a critical role to advance this work on hundreds of college campuses by running campaigns to urge their administrations to end the sale of bottled water on campus and provide more access to tap water for students. In this skills-building remote internship program, student leaders take on a significant campaign project to advance Think Outside the Bottle by building a team of activists on their campus to eliminate bottled water while developing strong leadership, communication and organizing skills.
- Develop and manage grassroots campaign challenging corporate control of water on campus
- Build a team of activists on your campus to urge your administration to end the sale of bottled water
- Organize and participate in national campaign actions
- Commitment to corporate accountability and/or progressive social change
- Leadership experience
- Ability to build a team of activists to advance a grassroots campaign
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines
- Interest in working with student leaders across the country to build organizing skills and grassroots power
Location: Your college campus with supervision from a Regional Student Organizer (experienced student activist)
Length of Internship: Full Academic Year 2012-2013
Training: Calls with remotely located Regional Student Organizer and experienced campaign staff to provide resources, support, and ongoing training on strategic grassroots organizing.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Think Outside the Bottle Campaign and learning more, please contact Mackenzie Cunningham at email@example.com.