Reporting to the Director of Physical Plant, the Grounds Manager is responsible for the planning and management of Wesleyan University’s campus landscape of more than 300 acres. Develops, plans, manages and implements environmental, ecological and economically sustainable practices and projects to maintain and improve the campus grounds utilizing best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in landscape architecture, horticulture, turf management, or related field.
- Five years experience maintaining high profile grounds in an institutional setting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service competencies and customer follow-up.
- Desktop computer skills including the proficient use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, and e-mail.
- Must maintain a valid State of Connecticut driver’s license and safe driving skills and record or have the ability to obtain a CT license.