We are the local branch of Let’s Get Ready (LGR), a national organization that envisions a world where students from all socioeconomic backgrounds have equal access to the support they need to reach higher education. The mission of LGR is to expand college access for low-income high school students by providing free SAT preparation and college admission counseling. Let’s Get Ready accomplishes this mission by mobilizing and training volunteer college student “Coaches” as tutors and mentors who not only provide instruction but also the encouragement and inspiration students need to succeed.
Volunteers teach 5-10 students in either math/college preparation or reading comprehension/writing one evening per week. All materials and training are provided by the Let’s Get Ready Program.
- In 2012, LGR is on track to run more than 70 programs throughout the northeast serving about 2,800 studentswith the assistance of over 1,200 college volunteers.
- Let’s Get Ready has guided more than 14,000 under-served students through the college process.
- Let’s Get Ready has trained and supported 6,000 college student volunteers with outstanding results.
- Over 90% of Let’s Get Ready students go directly to college after high school.
- Let’s Get Ready high school students RETURN to the program to become coaches and site directors.
- On average, LGR students increase their SAT scores by 112 points.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
For more information on LGR contact TuftsLGR@gmail.com or LCSExecutives@gmail.com.