This Sunday, September 22, the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine is holding their Annual Open House Event! Attendees will get the chance to see exhibits, hear speakers, participate in hands-on activities and more. Our bus will be departing from the Mayer Campus Center at 11 am, and is expected to return by 3 pm. Book your FREE ticket at tuftstickets.com. This event is not restricted to pre-veterinary students; all are welcome to attend!
And as if that’s not enough excitement, be sure to come to this, too:
Wednesday, September 25: Where do human and animal health intersect?
6:00 – 7:30 pm
Join us for a discussion led by Dr. Jen Steele, DVM & PhD, on zoonotic public health threats, international veterinary medicine, infectious disease research, and the One Health Initiative! Food will be provided.
Here’s a quick preview of what’s to come:
- Sunday, October 6: Parent’s Weekend Bake Sale to fundraise for a K-9 bulletproof vest for a Boston Area police dog!
- Wednesday, October 16, 12-1 PM: Dr. Charlie Innis, New England Aquarium Animal Health Department
- Wednesday, October 23, 6-7:15 PM: Dr. Monika Burns, Double Jumbo and MIT Resident in Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Thursday, November 21, 6 PM: Information session on the U.S. Army Veterinary Corps
- Thursday, November 21, 8:15 PM: Tufts Pre-Veterinary Society elections for the Spring and Fall semesters of 2014!
- Plus a few more speaker events, details TBA!
Check back here soon for more details on our upcoming speakers and the bake sale! It’s going to be a jam-packed and fun-filled semester.