Happy summer to all graduating and returning students! While you were packing up your dorm rooms and fiddling with CollegeBoxes, the TuftsRecycles! team was hard at work collecting assorted items for R²ePACK 2012.
What is R²ePACK?! Good question! R²ePACK is our move-out initiative in which students are asked to Reuse & Recycle everything, pack and clean… k?! Here’s what students recycled and freecycled this year:
- 8500 pounds (wow!) of clothes and linens, to be donated and recycled
– 1 truckload of freecyclable items, to be donated to incoming freshmen in the fall
– 20 pairs of crutches, to be reused by the Tufts Athletics Department
– 15 boxes of nonperishable food, donated to Project Soup in Somerville
- 6 boxes of Dining Hall dishes, returned to Dewick-MacPhie and Carmichael Dining Halls
- 5 boxes of school supplies, to be donated to the Medford Public Schools
– 3 boxes of books, to be donated to the Boston Prison Book Drive
- 2 cubic yards of broken and working electronics, to be recycled
- 1 mountain of mattress foam, to be recycled
Many thanks to the R²ePACK team, the dedicated men and women of the Tufts Facilities Department, the Eco-Reps, and all students who participated! Be on the lookout for our Freecycle drop on Tisch roof in the Fall.
Click for pictures!