WANTED: Energetic students to help improve the Tufts Recycles! program
Every semester, we look for creative, enthusiastic and self-motivated students to join the Tufts Recycles! team. Interns monitor the university’s recycling progress, ensure that all campus buildings are stocked with proper recycling materials, and work to engage and educate their peers through outreach initiatives. Even when interns are not busy working at 520 Boston Avenue, they, along with the Tufts Eco-Reps, are promoting the importance of a recycling lifestyle, both on and off the hill.
The Tufts Recycles! internship is a paid position; students are paid $10 per hour and are expected to work at least four hours per week.
Sample responsibilities include:
- Assisting with various outreach initiatives and campus-wide programming, such as Campus Move-out/R2ePack, RecycleMania
- Attending evening hallsnack meetings in the dorms to educate residents about proper recycling procedures
- Collecting used batteries, cell phones and laptop chargers to ensure they are disposed of properly
- Delivering and setting up recycling bins as requested by staff, faculty and students
- Inspecting recycling and trash dumpsters for contamination and recyclables in the trash
- Monitoring exterior and indoor recycling bins, lids, signs, and labels in all campus buildings
- Managing and Updating the Tufts Recycles website
- Visiting the Boston campus to assess and solve recycling issues related to bins, lids, labels and signs, as well as collecting batteries for recycling
Interested? Email resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “Application for semester internship.” Interested students must be able to lift 30 pounds, walk extensively throughout campus, and be willing to travel to the Boston campus. We look forward to hearing from you!