Greetings and welcome to the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Research Database! We hope that this site will help students connect with potential research mentors. This resource provides TUSDM mentor information about the types of research that they conduct, their fields of interest, their contact information, and their research interests.
Clicking on the “All Investigators” tab and subsequent link will bring you to a full list of all research mentors.
The information is further categorized by “Types of Research” and “Fields of Research.”
Types of Research include: Basic, Clinical, Corporate, Educational, Translational, and Other.
- Basic research: Systemic study to advance knowledge or understanding of a subject, phenomenon, or a basic law of nature without specific practical applications of the results.
- Clinical research: Research that directly involves a person or group of people, or that uses materials from humans, such as their behavior or samples of their tissue.
- Corporate research: Research sponsored by a corporation.
- Educational research: Research that aims to evaluate different aspects of education including: student learning, teaching methods, teacher training, and classroom dynamics. It is meant to advance knowledge of education.
- Translational research: Research that aims to make findings from basic science useful for practical applications that enhance human health and well-being.
The Fields of Research tab organizes the list of mentors by the specialty field of study.
- Dental Specialties: Endodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine & Pain, Orthodontics, Periodontology, Prosthodontics & Operative, Public Health & Community Service, Radiology
- Biological Science
- Dental Materials
- Public health & Community Service
Be sure to click on the “Resources” tab for help in preparing a cover letter, resume, or CV. Please use the information provided by this site to contact mentors responsibly.
The purpose of this database is to help dental students gain a broader perspective of the research that is being conducted here at TUSDM. This resource is purely informational and while contacting an investigator in no way guarantees you a laboratory position, perseverance and preparedness can help you achieve any goal. Good luck in your research pursuits!