- Items deleted from Exchange are retained for 14 days
- A special backup called a “frequent recovery point” is taken throughout the day and kept for 24 hours.
- Database backups are taken nightly, weekly, and monthly.
- To recover items that have been deleted in the past 14 days, open Outlook and go to Tools > Recover Deleted Items
- Or, a mailbox can be restored to within minutes of data loss from a frequent recovery point (within 24 hours of the recovery point)
- To request a restore from more than 14 days ago, send an email to OIT@tufts.edu.