In order to connect a laptop to Wireless Network at Tufts, the laptop’s network card will need to registered. If you have a Tufts user name (UTLN) and password, you can do this yourself. You will need to register your computer once for each connection (wired and wireless) if you plan on using both methods to connect.
For wired and wireless:
- Start your internet browser.
- If the registration page automatically opens, follow the steps on the page to register to your computer. Once the registration is complete you will be able to access the Wireless Network at Tufts.
- If the registration page did not appear when you started your browser, open the program associated with your wireless card. You can usually find an icon in the lower right hand corner on your taskbar (either a Microsoft icon or the icon for your wireless card manufacturer).
- Select “tuftswireless” as the network you currently want to use. If “tuftswireless” does not appear as an option then add it as an infrastructure (not ad-hoc) network. You will now be able to select “tuftswireless” as the network to join.
- Restart your internet browser and the registration page should now open automatically. Follow the steps on the page to register to your computer. Once the registration is complete you will be able to access the Wireless Network at Tufts.