At the end of February 2012, Tufts entered into a 3-year purchasing agreement with VMWare. This agreement makes it possible for the University to acquire VMWare software at significant savings.
For purchases of VMWare software products covered under the agreement, there will be a 51% discount off the commercial list price. Annual support costs will, during the term of the agreement be 20% of the license purchase price.
Software covered under the agreement includes the following:
- VMWare vCenter Server Standard (including VMWare vCenter Converter)
- VMWare vCenter Server Heartbeat
- VMWare vSphere Enterprise to VMWare vSphere Enterprise Plus Upgrade
- VMWare vSphere Standard to VMWare vSphere Enterprise Plus Upgrade
- VMWare vSphere, Enterprise
- VMWare vSPhere, Standard
- VMWare vSphere Standard to VMWare vSphere Enterprise Upgrade
- VMWare vSphere, Enterprise Plus
- VMWare vSphere, Desktop
- VMWare View Premier Starter Kit
- VMWare View Premier 100 Pack
- VMWare View Premier 10 Pack
- VMWare vCenter Site Recover Manager Standard
- VMWare vCenter Site Recovery Manager Enterprise
VMWare is in the process of creating a portal for making purchases under the agreement, but until the portal is complete, please contact OIT for information on placing an order.