Different computers (Mac, PCs) may have difficulties connecting to network share when the full path is not provided. This is a common occurrence when computers are outside of Tufts network and are not joined to the Tufts domain. Providing only the short version of the path, e.g \\rstore1\PATH_TO_SHARE$ , may not be sufficient to map the network share and will result in an error message. As a best practice, when mapping network shares, please use the full path.
1. Right click Computer (My computer) and select Map Network Drive. The “Map Network Drive” window will open
2. Click the down arrow at the end of the “Drive” field and select one of the unused letters for your computer
3. Type the exact path to your network drive
4. Select Reconnect at logon, and click Finish
Your network drive folder will open in a new window.
1. At the top of the desktop window, from the Finder, select Go > Connect to Server. The Connect to Server dialog box will open
2. To mount your drive, type smb://PATH TO SHARE in the Server Address field
3. When you’re finished, click the “plus” button to add this path to your list of server addresses
4. Click Connect. The Authentication window will open
5. Enter your UTLN and password (Make sure to put ‘tufts\’ prior to your UTLN… e.g. tufts\jsmith01)