Tufts Technology Services (TTS) and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) are pleased to announce plans to enter into a site license with Adobe Software effective September 1, 2013.
This decision comes as a result of Adobe’s recent shift in licensing, moving away from perpetual licenses towards subscriptions for software license bundles. To relieve the financial burden that some departments may feel as a result of this change, the University is taking advantage of an opportunity to participate in an Adobe educational term license agreement (ETLA) through NERCOMP, a New England consortium of IT professionals.
The new arrangement with Adobe will be similar to the university’s Microsoft Campus Agreement.
Although details of the ETLA are still being finalized, the advance timing of this announcement gives faculty and staff time to plan financially and gives Tufts IT professionals the opportunity to work out software deployment and maintenance details before the agreement takes effect.
Looking for info on how to get Adobe Creative Cloud Software? Go here.
Here is the information we currently have:
1. This is a 3-year agreement that will take effect on September 1, 2013.
2. Software installation is permitted on ALL institutional computers.
3. There will be a low-cost work-at-home option available through the Kivuto web site.
4. TTS is funding this acquisition; there is no additional cost to the user or department to have the software installed on institutional computers.
Below are the products that will be included in the suite:
In Master Collection:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe InCopy CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Audition CC
- Adobe Bridge CC
- Adobe Encore CC
- Adobe Fireworks CC
- Adobe Flash Builder Premium
- Adobe Flash Professional CC
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Prelude CC
- Adobe SpeedGrade CC
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Adobe Edge Animate CC
- Adobe Edge Code
- Adobe Edge Reflow
More detailed information about these and other software products available at Tufts can be found at http://it.tufts.edu/software.