Follow these instructions to add an on-campus printer to your personal Mac computer:
1. Navigate to the Apple menu (top left) –> select System Preferences.
2. Select Print & Scan –> Make sure the lock is unlocked (bottom left).
3. Click the + button. An “Add Printer” menu pops up –> Select the IP tab.
4. Enter the printer’s host name or IP address in the “Address” field.
Example Printer Names: celery.nutrition.tufts.edu, pharell.med.tufts.edu
5. Your system will then query the printer to determine which printer drivers are needed for the connection in the “Print Using” field. (In rare cases it may pause on a generic driver — if this happens, please select ‘Auto Select’)
6. Click “Add” and the printer will appear in the list of Printers.
7. Print a test page to verify that the printer is operational.
If you are unable to add a printer or have any questions, please contact HHSL-ITS at (617) 636-2961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.