Below are the directions on how to upgrade the McAfee drive encryption from home or off campus:
1. Connect your computer to Tufts via VPN (Cisco AnyConnect client installed on the computer)
2. Open the start menu and click Portal Manager from within the Landesk Management folder.
3. Along the left-hand side of Portal Manager, click the Launchpad button
4. Click the Refresh button in the upper right hand corner to make sure your list of available applications is up to date.
5. Check the box next to McAfee agent and click Launch in the upper left hand corner.
6. It should take approximately 2-10 minutes for the software to download and install. Once the status said completed, it will take a few more minutes before you are prompted to restart the computer. The message will auto close in 1 minute. If you missed it, just go ahead and restart the computer whenever you are ready.
7. Next, follow the directions here
Support for McAfee Drive Encryption
If you have any questions, issues or you need to perform an encryption recovery, please call the OIT Help Desk at 617 636 0331 from 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Outside of normal business hours, contact the Tufts IT Support at 617 627 3376 for off-hours support