UEP second-year students Tida Infahsaeng, Ian Jakus, Denise Chin, and Valerie Oorthuys have won the 2014 American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Student Project Award for Application of the Planning Process. Their project, titled “Urban Farming in Boston: A Survey of Opportunities” and advised by Penn Loh, was part of the UEP Field Projects course in Spring 2013. It also won the American Planning Association (APA) Massachusetts Chapter Student Project Award in 2013. The AICP Award will be presented at the Annual Meeting and Leadership Honors Ceremony at the 2014 APA National Planning Conference in Atlanta in April.
UEP Wins National Planning Award — Again!
- Democracy Now’s Juan González: Upcoming Film Screening January 5, 2015
- UEP Colloquium: Inclusive and Equitable Economic Development and Community-Driven Planning December 5, 2014
- Incomplete Streets: New Book by Julian Agyeman December 5, 2014
- Environmental Justice Executive Order Signed November 28, 2014
- The Week at UEP: Student Group Meetings November 22, 2014
TagsAlumni bicycle planning bike advocacy campaign bike infrastructure bike lanes bike path bike share business districts china cycling Davis Square developing countries DSNI Economic Development freight GIS green urban design india Interculturalism Intercultural Practice Group international last mile LEED-ND mixed use public health Public Participation qualitative skills regional planning sharrow small classes social marketing Somerville transit-oriented development transportation transportation planning trucking UEP Alumni urban logistics urban policy urban water services water water infrastructure water planning water policy water security