Library Web Site Updates
The Library’s web site has been updated to include a link to veterinary specialty board reading lists for our residents and a search tool called JumboSearch.
- A link to the Resident Reading Lists is on the left side of our web page. At the request of some of our residents, we’ve created pages that integrate veterinary specialty board reading lists with library information and links to our ejournals and ebooks. The specialty boards included are: ABVO, ACVA, ACVB, ACVD, ACVECC, ACVIM, ACVN, ACVP and ACVS.
- A search box for JumboSearch is on the right side of our web page. JumboSearch is a “discovery” tool, purchased by the Tufts University libraries. The goal is to make it easier for the Tufts community to find and access local and web resources.
JumboSearch is good for:
- providing a single starting place for exploratory (“what’s out there?”) kinds of searches
- doing a “one-stop” keyword search of the library catalog, databases, journal articles, theses, newspapers and much more
- interdisciplinary topics at all levels (undergraduate, graduate, and faculty)
- making some of the “hidden” Tufts resources more visible (such as theses or, resources outside of your specialty)
- providing quick access to full text journal articles and electronic books
JumboSearch is less good for:
- systematic literature surveys
- topics and users which fit comfortably into a single disciplinary index (CAB Abstracts, Medline, etc.)
If you have questions or suggestions, please send them to Betsy Like.